Cyanotype printing is a photographic process, invented in 1841, that uses iron-based chemicals, UV-light and water to create beautiful dark blue prints. It is easy, less toxic and less expensive than most other photographic print-making techniques and after the course, you will be able to do it at home too. By the end of this workshop you will walk home with 2 of your own original prints to decorate your walls.
In this workshop, you will learn how to make cyanotype prints using digital negatives of your own photos. Please note that it is necessary to bring either a smartphone or laptop to create your digital negatives.
During this 4h workshop, I will take you through:
- Preparing the chemicals and paper.
- Turning your photos or illustrations into digital negatives.
- Printing the negatives on transparency film.
- Exposing your prints correctly using UV-lamps.
- Developing your prints in water + tips on how to make it last.
Bring two different photos or illustrations on a smartphone or laptop, and I will provide all other necessary materials: chemicals, watercolor paper and transparencies for your negatives.
At the end of the workshop you'll walk home with 2 A4 cyanotype prints, a small bottle of the photographic solution and with the skills to make more prints at home.
You don't need to have any previous experience, anyone can participate.
Unfortunately the venue is not wheelchair-friendly.
Private & Group Bookings:
For private and group bookings taking place at the client's location, the following requirements are needed:
- Access to a sink for participants to rinse their prints.
- Availability of tables and chairs at the location, with tables preferably measuring 180cm*75cm and accommodating a maximum of 4 people per table. Plastic tablecloths will be brought to protect tables from stains.
- Space for UV-lamps placement, which can be a separate room or a designated corner within the booked room.
- Adequate space for the printer and drying rack.
- Assured access to power plugs in the room, with an extension cord provided if necessary.
- Additionally, it is recommended to arrange for coffee or other beverages and snacks to enhance the overall experience during the group booking.