Explore the Sound Effects universe in Film Making.
Film is a series of moving pictures, but we often forget that the sound is just as important as the picture.
Sound in films can be created through natural sounding audio such as a car door slamming or glass breaking. This is called Foley.
I propose you to live an original experience through this interactive workshop of sound effects shows! You will discover all the magic of the sound effects and dubbing that makes the film true. Take the chance to play with the tricks that foley artists use to make the sound of films!
Instead of using libraries of sound effects, in a playful way, you will create soundtracks by manipulating and taking ownership of everyday objects, tools and techniques, including using your own bodies. The result will be a unique soundtrack of a story from a film sequence.
Participate in this fun and memorable experience, try something new and learn how to create a world of imaginative sound!
Bring your imagination and let your creativity run wild and join me in exploring the Foley universe. This workshop is suited for everyone, no experience needed!
Where? One of the most old fashioned cinemas of Copenhagen!
Park Bio is located in the Østerbro district, north-east of the city centre. Østerbro's only cinema dates back to 1926 - and remains an intimate, cozy place with plenty of charm.
Park Bio is an old and unique place whereby nothing has changed during the last 40 years: A broad flight of marble stairs leads to the foyer with Greek statues, an aquarium, and a globe window where you can enjoy a coffee or drink before the movie.
Your Ticket Includes:
- 1.5 hour workshop in which you will have the unique opportunity to create the sound of a film sequence with an experienced Foley from France,
- The owner of Park Bio will give an historical introduction about the location,
- A single drink of your choice : beer, coffee, tea, juice or soda,
- An introduction to the history of sound effect creation and general techniques,
- Discover the tricks of a foley artist to create the sound of footsteps in the snow, of rain falling, of birds flying or the crackling of fire and much more!
Bonus: after the workshop, you can get the full soundtrack of the film sequence!